Stay up-to-date with all of the life science events taking place in Vancouver with the Science in the City events calendar! From academia to industry and biotech to pharma, our events calendar is your complete source for life science conferences, symposiums, networking, and workshops in Vancouver. We even cover science pub nights and science fundraisers!
If you’re interested in promoting your life science event on the Science in the City events calendar, please use our event submission form.
- This event has passed.
CIHR Project: “Insights from Peer Review” Roundtable Discussion
August 8, 2019, 2019
Please join us for a CIHR Project Grant Roundtable Discussion of “Insights from Peer Review”. This SPARC-hosted event will feature a panel of UBC faculty selected for their service on CIHR Project Grant Peer Review Committees that receive the most applications from UBC faculty. The Project Grant competition is CIHR’s primary operating grant that supports ideas with the greatest potential to advance health-related fundamental or applied knowledge. This event is ideal for new and re-submitting applicants to the upcoming Fall 2019 CIHR Project Grant competition.
Panelists will cover a wide-range of topics related to the CIHR Project Grant peer review process, including (but not limited to):
- Committee culture and how it affects application ratings
- How to move an application from “fundable” to “funded”
- Interpreting reviewer comments and Scientific Officer (SO) notes
- Your question here!
An exciting group of panelists have been confirmed for this event:
- Dr. Skye Barbic (Department of Occupational Science & Occupational Therapy, Faculty of Medicine): Member of Health Services Evaluation & Interventions Research (HS1/2/3) panel
- Dr. Michael Gordon (Department of Zoology, Faculty of Science): Member of Molecular & Cellular Neurosciences (NSB) panel
- Dr. Teresa Liu-Ambrose (Department of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Medicine): Member of Randomized Controlled Trials (RC1) panel
- Dr. Jeremy Seamans (Department of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine): Member of Behavioural Sciences A – Behavioural Studies in Animal Models(BSA) panel
All CIHR Project Grant applicants and affiliated support staff are invited. To register for the event, please complete the form below by Thursday, August 1.
When: Thursday, August 8, from 10:30am – 12:00pm
Where: UBC Point Grey campus; location to be determined and emailed to registered attendees