Stay up-to-date with all of the life science events taking place in Vancouver with the Science in the City events calendar! From academia to industry and biotech to pharma, our events calendar is your complete source for life science conferences, symposiums, networking, and workshops in Vancouver. We even cover science pub nights and science fundraisers!
If you’re interested in promoting your life science event on the Science in the City events calendar, please use our event submission form.
- This event has passed.
Collider Cafe: Art. Science. Optics.
January 23, 2019, 2019$5 – $10
Collider Cafe is a space for artists, scientists, makers, and anyone interested in art+science. Meet. Discover. Connect. Create.
Are you curious? Join us at “Collider Cafe: Art. Science. Optics.” to explore how art and science intersect in the exploration of curiosity.
* What our eyes perceive but we do not see | Annie Briard, Contemporary Artist
* The Museum as Muse: natural history collections as a resource for artistic exploration | Catherine Stewart, Visual Artist
* Paleoart: A Mutualism of Endeavors | Julius T. Csotonyi, Paleoart, Natural History and Scientific Illustration
* Manifest Obscura: Reimagining/reimaging landscape through microbial collaboration | Ramey Newell, Photographer/Film Maker/Artist
* The Art of Science & Medical Illustration | Vicky Earle, Medical and Scientific Illustrator
The event starts promptly at 8pm (doors open at 7:30pm). $5.00-10.00 (sliding scale) cover at the door. Proceeds will be used to cover the cost of running this event, and to fund future Curiosity Collider events. Curiosity Collider is a registered BC non-profit organization.