Interested in advertising your event with Science in the City? Submit your event info to our event calendar!
- This event has passed.
Collider Cafe: Art. Science. Transmission.
June 21, 2017$5 - $10
Event info: http://bit.ly/ArtSciTransmission
#ColliderCafe is a space for artists, scientists, makers, and anyone interested in art+science. Meet, discover, connect, create.
Are you curious? Join us at “Collider Cafe: Art. Science. Transmission” to explore how art and science intersect in the exploration of curiosity.
* Dave Ng (geneticist, science literacy academic, and UBC faculty): PHYLO Project
* Ela Kurowska (photographer and biochemist): Light Forms
* Germana Barata (science communication researcher/SFU visiting scholar): Challenges of Communicating Science in Brazil
* Wesley Raley (master candyolo, Wishing Treats): Art & Science of Candy Making
* Vincent van Haaff (multimedia artist, Flyingoctopus): Multimedia Art and Science
The event starts promptly at 8pm (doors open at 7:30pm). $5.00-10.00 (sliding scale) cover at the door. Proceeds will be used to cover the cost of running this event, and to fund future Curiosity Collider events. Curiosity Collider is a registered BC non-profit organization.