Stay up-to-date with all of the life science events taking place in Vancouver with the Science in the City events calendar! From academia to industry and biotech to pharma, our events calendar is your complete source for life science conferences, symposiums, networking, and workshops in Vancouver. We even cover science pub nights and science fundraisers!
If you’re interested in promoting your life science event on the Science in the City events calendar, please use our event submission form.
- This event has passed.
Connect Your Research in COVID Times
June 3, 2020
Want to make a difference with your research in Covid times but don’t know where to start? Curious how to pivot and contribute to the public discussion in light of the pandemic?
1:30pm-3:00pm, Wednesday June 3, 2020
This webinar is intended for UBC researchers whose primary focus isn’t the coronavirus, but who aim to share impactful knowledge on the broad range of societal issues that the crisis has uncovered. You will learn key considerations to help you engage publicly and exchange knowledge effectively.
- Situate your research in the COVID context
- Identify your goals, audiences, and channels
- Communicate effectively through the media
- Karine Souffez, Associate Director, Knowledge Exchange, VP Research and Innovation
- Erica Machulak, Knowledge Exchange Specialist, VP Research and Innovation
- Clare Hamilton-Eddy, Director, UBC Media Relations
- Kurt Heinrich, Senior Director, UBC Media Relations