Stay up-to-date with all of the life science events taking place in Vancouver with the Science in the City events calendar! From academia to industry and biotech to pharma, our events calendar is your complete source for life science conferences, symposiums, networking, and workshops in Vancouver. We even cover science pub nights and science fundraisers!
If you’re interested in promoting your life science event on the Science in the City events calendar, please use our event submission form.
- This event has passed.
COVID-19 Update: Expert Q&A with Public Health (Dr. Bonnie Henry), Epidemiology (Dr. David Patrick) & Lab (Dr. Mel Krajden)
May 26, 2020
Join us for this online accredited educational session where highly experienced public health physicians will answer your COVID-19 questions and share their experiences managing their various roles during the COVID-19 pandemic. The webinar will include a panel of presenters and participants will be prompted to ask their questions in real time using webinar technology. We encourage you to send your questions in early.
- Apply emerging evidence and expert experience regarding COVID-19 epidemiology, prevention, and investigation to clinical practice.
- Be able to provide practical advice to patients regarding COVID-19 based on emerging evidence and the experience of BC experts.
Panelist: Dr. David Patrick, Infectious Diseases Specialist, BCCDC
Panelist: Dr. Mel Krajden, BCCDC Public Health Laboratory
Moderator: Dr. Simon Moore, Family Physician, UBC CPD Medical Director
- Moderator and presenters visible via webcam
- Presentation slides visible on the webinar
- Audio live through your computer speakers
- Your questions sent via slido
Prior to the webinar you will receive an email from UBC CPD with connection details. If you do not receive this email, please check your spam folders. You should add “@ubc.ca” to your safe sender list. If you do not see the connection email, please contact us.
How to ask Questions
- Go to https://www.sli.do/ and enter the event ID #: May-26-Webinar. Or go directly to https://app.sli.do/event/bgyeezjo
- Type out your question in the ‘type your question’ field and click ‘SEND. You will see your question posted and you will be able to review questions that others have asked. Your questions can be asked anonymously, just leave your name out when posting your questions.
- Up-vote: feel free to click the thumbs up icon beside the questions you like as this will move those questions to the top of the queue.
- Questions will be reviewed by the moderator and relayed to the presenters before the session and during the Q&A period.