Stay up-to-date with all of the life science events taking place in Vancouver with the Science in the City events calendar! From academia to industry and biotech to pharma, our events calendar is your complete source for life science conferences, symposiums, networking, and workshops in Vancouver. We even cover science pub nights and science fundraisers!
If you’re interested in promoting your life science event on the Science in the City events calendar, please use our event submission form.
- This event has passed.
July 10, 2020
Are you an R beginner wanting to learn more about how to write functions? We got you covered!
Yuka Takemon will be running an online workshop on how to build functions. The workshop is geared towards beginners and we will try to keep it as interactive as possible.
Yuka is a PhD student in Genome sciences and technology at UBC and a certified Software Carpentry and RStudio instructor.
Day and time: July 10th, 2020 at 6pm
Webinar link: RSVP to view
About the workshop & instructions:
-Please expect a hands-on session in a friendly and laid-back atmosphere where we all encouraged to learn together.
– All levels are welcome, but be prepared that we created this with beginners in mind. You should be familiar with R and RStudio.
– Install R: https://mirror.its.sfu.ca/mirror/CRAN/
– Install RStudio (choose the Desktop version): https://www.rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download/#download
1. Have your computer and a steady internet connection ready
2. If this is your first R-Ladies event, please take a moment to review our R-Ladies Global code of conduct: https://github.com/rladies/starter-kit/wiki/Code-of-Conduct
3. Who is this allowed to attend the workshop?
Everyone is welcome to join us at our events and to be a part of our mission to empower gender minorities with the skills and knowledge to code in one of the top programming language in data science, which is R.
To fulfill this mission we do ask participants to respect a focus on the encouragement and support for women and non-binary people during our events.
See you there!
Raissa, Lucia, Jasmine, & Lisa