Interested in advertising your event with Science in the City? Submit your event info to our event calendar!
- This event has passed.
Introduction to R Workshop Series
January 22, 2018
This comprehensive introduction to R workshop series is ideal for beginners. We teach you how to create objects, get help on topics in R and use built-in functions, with a focus on math and descriptive statistics. We will also introduce basic data types in R, and how to visualize your data using R’s graphics capabilities. In the workshop, we will use RStudio, a powerful but user-friendly R environment, and teach you how to use it effectively.
You will learn:
- the concept of a data vector, and how to use vectorized functions,
- how to organize your data vectors into data frames,
- to import data from a file or on the web into an R data frame,
- to create various graphics using R’s built in graphical capabilities,
- to modify the various features of a graphic,
- to add additional features to an existing graphic, and
- to save your graphic in various formats,
- how to organize your work with R Studio using projects.