Interested in advertising your event with Science in the City? Submit your event info to our event calendar!
- This event has passed.
McCarthy Spotlight Speaking Series: The Science of Communication
November 8, 2018, 2018
LifeSciences BC is pleased to announce our fall McCarthy Spotlight Speaking Event for Thursday, November 8, 2018.
Event Topic: The Science of Communication
- Megan Helmer, President, PR Associates
- William Johnson, Director, Marketing & Communications, Innovate BC
- Michelle Sklar, Director of Conferences, Cube Business Media
- Alexandra Weirich, Communications Lead, AbCellera
Trust in businesses, government and the media are rapidly declining. Because trust impacts reputation, it has become even more important now to present information clearly, making it meaningful and well-understood. Effectively delivered communication will build trust and credibility and inform good decision-making.
There are multiple ways available to communication, but understanding the audience, choosing an appropriate communication channel and molding your message for each audience and channel is vital for effective communication.
This session will begin with a 30-minute presentation by Megan Helmer, President of PR Associates, focused on:
- The what and why of effective communication
- Audience analysis and audience-centered communication
- Barriers to effective communication and how to overcome them
- How to incorporate storytelling
A panel of the life sciences industry’s top communication professionals will then discuss additional communication recommendations and the light of their professional experiences.