Stay up-to-date with all of the life science events taking place in Vancouver with the Science in the City events calendar! From academia to industry and biotech to pharma, our events calendar is your complete source for life science conferences, symposiums, networking, and workshops in Vancouver. We even cover science pub nights and science fundraisers!
If you’re interested in promoting your life science event on the Science in the City events calendar, please use our event submission form.
- This event has passed.
Microbiome Sequencing Workshop
January 9, 2020
Half day workshop exploring the applications of microbiome research and currently used techniques and tools. Attendees will learn how to sequencing the microbiome and how to apply that data to determine the connection between gene expression and metabolic signatures.
- Talk – Kelly McNagny: Overview of the microbiome its applications to disease research (focus hematopoiesis, immune responses, and allergic disease)
- Talk – Carolina Tropini: Techniques to environmentally alter the microbiome (laxatives, antibiotics).
- Talk – Tao Huan: Metabolomics / Influence of microbiome on metabolomics analysis
- Talk – Lisa Osbourne: Microbiome and germ free mice as a tool for microbiome analysis
- Talk – Pedro Dimitrui/Erick Cardenas Poire: Microbiome DNA sequence analyses and metagenomic analyses)
- Hands-on component (Pedro Dimitrui/Erick Cardenas Poire): microbiome/metagenomic analysis – sequencing of microbiome/microbiome gene expression to infer their influence on metabolism