Interested in advertising your event with Science in the City? Submit your event info to our event calendar!
- This event has passed.
Research Day: The Future of Health
November 8, 2019
Join us for a Research Day focused on the Future of Health
November 8th, 2019 from 12:30pm to 3:30pm, Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health, Rudy North Lecture Theatre (LL101)
Discover various research activities conducted by students and trainees from some of UBC’s Research Excellence Clusters. Students from the Dynamic Brain Circuits in Health and Disease, Women’s Health and Biomedical Imaging and AI clusters will present posters that address the Future of Health.
Join us for a day of multi-disciplinary exploration as our students address pressing questions around the future of health.
The day will include:
- Poster presentations exhibiting students’ work
- Lightning-Round presentations by the top 10 abstracts
- Awards presentation
Why should you participate?
The goal of research day is to provide a setting for faculty and students to identify research projects that connect to their work and generate new collaborative ideas.
Research Day will:
- provide an opportunity for you to explain your research and gain valuable feedback;
- hone your skills in writing an abstract and strengthen your presentation skills;
- give you a chance to practice communicating your research to a diverse group of people;
- Let you meet potential collaborators and network with peers.
Preparing Your Abstract
- Prepare an abstract of no more than 250 words.
- Provide two keywords for your abstract.
Please note: Only one abstract per student is permitted.
Abstracts will be judged by professors from all three clusters. The top 10 will be invited to present their research in a 5 minute lightning talk. Successful applicants will be notified by November 1, 2019.
Abstracts are due Monday, October 21st by 4pm (PST)