Interested in advertising your event with Science in the City? Submit your event info to our event calendar!
- This event has passed.
Vancouver Bioinformatics Users Group (VanBUG) Career Night & Holiday Social
December 6, 2018
Our annual holiday social is fast approaching. This year, as with previous years, we will have ample food and drinks for everyone. Additionally, we are happy to announce that our reboot of Career Night will be happening as part of the holiday social.
Ever considered what you want to do after you graduate? Or have you already graduated and want to leave the ivory tower? Come out on December 6th, 2018, and learn about the transition experiences of former academics who have now risen up the ranks in industry and government. We will be hearing from the following speakers, followed by some dedicated time for Q&A:
- Ms. Maia Smith (Bioinformatics Engineer, AbCellera, and former UBC Bioinformatics Training Program MSc graduate)
- Dr. Malcolm Moore (President, BC Cancer)
- Dr. Kristina McBurney (Manager, Scientific Communities and Communications, STEMCELL Technologies, and former UBC Biochemistry PhD graduate)
- Dr. Catalina Lopez-Correa (Chief Scientific Officer and Vice President, Sectors, Genome BC)
- Dr. Elai Davicioni (President & Chief Scientific Officer, GenomeDx)
We would like to remind you to save the date and come out to our VanBUG Career Night & Holiday Social to meet your follow VanBUGgers!
Date: 6th Dec. 2018, Thursday
Time: 6:00 PM for the Career Night followed by the reception
Place: BCCRC Auditorium and Lunch Area (675 West 10th – our usual venue)