Aspect Biosystems is an award-winning Canadian startup developing state-of-the-art 3D bioprinting technology with the vision of enabling the creation of human tissues on demand. Aspect aims to drive a fundamental shift in the pharmaceutical industry by enabling the development of physiologically relevant human tissue models for pre-clinical drug testing, moving away from the use of animals and de-risking customers’ drug assets entering clinical trials. Aspect is a forward looking company, and envisions a future where our technology is used directly to save lives through the creation of personalized implantable tissue and even functional organs.
We have an interdisciplinary and fast-paced team looking for exceptional and enthusiastic individuals to help us grow into a leading global biotech. As an early employee there is significant opportunity for growth and leadership. If you thrive in a team atmosphere and have the drive to grow in one of the most promising startup companies, we want to hear from you.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented Fabrication Technician to join our manufacturing team. You will support our manufacturing department with the fabrication and quality control of microfluidic devices for 3D printing applications. This role is instrumental in achieving manufacturing consistency and desired product quality. This is a technical manufacturing position that requires attention to detail and the ability to work with your hands. You should enjoy developing your talents in a fast-paced, and sometimes repetitive, work environment. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting in fabricating high-quality microfluidic devices
- Reading, interpreting, and following written instructions to accurately manufacture products
- Preparing chemical solutions, buffers, and reagent mixtures
- With supervision, plan and perform the production of experimental product batches
- Operating various lab equipment/instruments and performing regular maintenance procedures
- Conducting standard tests on microfluidic devices to assess performance
- Collating, summarizing,and analyzing data and preparing subsequent reports
- Performing quality inspections
- Supporting continual improvement activities and/or troubleshooting to improve operations
- Assisting the senior scientists with on-going projects
- Maintaining and organizing all production records/documents carefully and neatly
- 1-2 years of experience in a manufacturing setting (microfabrication)
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree,technical degree, or equivalent training in Biological Sciences/Biotechnology
- Ability to follow precise written operating instructions
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks quickly and efficiently
- Ability to do quality work checks to ensure products meet quality standards
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and taking on additional responsibilities
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to cross train in multiple areas of production process
- Experience in a clean room or microfluidic laboratory
- Experience working in GMP environment
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, results-driven, collaborative, and team-oriented. We are looking for individuals who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field, and are passionate about their work and Aspect’s success. We offer competitive compensation packages with excellent opportunities for personal growth.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.