Research Assistant – BC Pre-Hospital Resuscitation Research Group
BC Pre-Hospital Resuscitation Research Group
- Assists with study data collection by abstracting data from hospital medical records
- Prepares and maintains study records and logs
- Data entry via online web computer program
- Other related duties as assigned by the research manager
The research assistant will work primarily under the direction of the research manager. The assistant is expected to plan and complete work assignments with minimal supervision after initial training. Results are to be communicated to the research manager in a timely manner on an ongoing basis.
There is no formal supervisory responsibility associated with the position, however this person is expected to be accountable for his/her own work and exercise some initiative and judgment in establishing priorities and completing tasks.
- A familiarity with medical terminology
- Excellent organizational ability
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work both independently as well as within a team environment
- Computer literacy essential