Scientist I/II, Developmental Immunology
Website Notch Therapeutics
Notch Therapeutics is an immune cell therapy company developing universally compatible, genetically enhanced, allogeneic T cell therapies from renewable stem cell sources for the treatment of high-impact diseases, with an initial focus on cancer. Recently funded and rapidly growing, Notch is looking for scientifically curious and intrinsically motivated individuals who thrive in a cross-disciplinary and collaborative environment.
As a Scientist I/II, Developmental Immunology at Notch Therapeutics, you will be part of a diverse bioengineering team focused on advancing iPSC-derived T-cell therapeutics from discovery-stage through scale-up and clinical manufacturing. You will provide deep technical knowledge and hands-on expertise in molecular and cellular immunology techniques and developmental immunology, including the culture and characterization of primary and in vitro differentiated immune cells. You will be responsible for task definition, planning, execution and reporting of internal and partner-facing projects. You will be a leader in bringing new and innovative products, technologies and processes to market to enable life-saving advances in cell therapy.
- Develop and optimize stage-specific differentiation protocols for T-cell development from iPSCs.
- Conduct in vitro T-cell characterization assays including, but not limited to, multi-colour flow cytometry panels for phenotyping T cells.
- Establish and conduct in vitro T-cell functional assays including, but not limited to, cytotoxicity assays, cytokine measurements and T-cell expansion.
- Align cell culture approaches with scale-up and manufacturing teams to support the development of therapies focused on engineered iPSC-derived T-cells.
- Identify solutions to address key scientific challenges required for platform success.
- Support efforts to establish and maintain policies and procedures related to lab operations and biosafety.
- Maintain electronic laboratory notebooks for proper documentation of all research activities.
- Define milestones and create project timelines and budgets.
- Deliver reports, summaries, and presentations supporting experimental results.
- Drive effective communication across the organization.
- Demonstrate continuous integrity, credibility, and positivity and motivate others to do the same.
- Other responsibilities as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Ph.D in immunology, cell biology, molecular biology, or a related discipline.
- 3+ years in a post-doctoral, biotech or industry position with experience developing technology platforms for therapeutic programs is preferred.
- Extensive experience in mammalian cell culture, including specialized expertise in culture, characterization and expansion of T-cells.
- Hands-on experience in T-cell development from stem cells.
- Hands-on experience in qPCR and designing multicolor flow cytometry panels.
- Ability to independently propose, design, execute and report research projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit notchtx.com.