Senior Lab Technician
Website NovoBind Livestock Therapeutics Inc.
We are in pursuit of curbing antibiotic resistance, increasing food production efficiencies and overall improvement in the quality of global food supplies.
Our research is dedicated to developing and commercializing novel biotherapeutics to combat food contaminating pathogens. We are seeking a passionate and outgoing scientist to join our growing team of experts committed to making a difference with deep scientific expertise.
Who we are looking for:
1. An individual with the demonstrated ability to lead a small team
2. An individual who can be a constructive and productive team member
3. An innovator who enjoys finding ways to overcome challenges
4. A person who enjoys using tools and systems to maximize productivity
5. A self-proclaimed nerd (and proud of it!) who loves to expand their knowledge
6. A purposeful and positive individual who works well with other keeners
7. You know and admire at least five of the following: Antonie van Leeuwenhoek, Alexander Fleming, Max Perutz, César Milstein, Temple Grandin, Chris Hadfield, Elton John, Madeleine Albright, Tu-Pac, Craig Venter, Margaret Hamilton, Elizabeth Blackwell, Rosalind Franklin, Will Ferrell, Wright Brothers, Edmund Hillary
1. Share our passion for scientific excellence and team-based approaches to fast-paced R&D
2. Broaden your skill set by participating in projects throughout NovoBind’s processes. Techniques and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
3. Conducting and training on: various experiments, cloning, protein expression, protein purification, general lab duties, inventory management, shipping and receiving of samples, record keeping, equipment maintenance, etc.
4. Be involved in grant applications; and,
5. human resources activities such as hiring and managing Co-op students
6. Effectively use knowledge, judgement and understanding of specific procedures to maximize accuracy and productivity
An awesome individual with an MSc with a minimum of two years of industry experience in any of the following: microbiology, parasitology, antibody discovery, recombinant protein expression and purification, or yeast-based protein production. Experience in biotechnology start ups an asset.
Please forward Cover letter, CV, and unofficial transcripts, top five admirees, salary expectation and available starting date to Dr. Sylvia Cheung at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.novobind.com/ →