Website NovoBind Livestock Therapeutics Inc.
We are in pursuit of curbing antibiotic resistance and improving animal health. Our research is dedicated to developing and commercializing novel biotherapeutics to combat animal diseases and food-contaminating human pathogens. We are seeking a passionate and off the wall scientist to join our growing team of experts committed to making a difference.
At NovoBind, you will work with a team of multidisciplinary scientists to develop and test our biotherapeutics, in addition to engaging with research organizations and industry groups.
Successful candidates will gain satisfaction from an impactful role of translating ideas into action. Your success will also be reflected in appropriate salary increases and stock-based compensation.
Who we are looking for:
1. An individual who can be a constructive and productive team member
2. An innovator who enjoys finding ways to overcome challenges
3. A person who enjoys using tools and systems to maximize productivity
4. A self-proclaimed nerd (and proud of it!) who loves to expand their knowledge
5. A purposeful and positive individual who works well with other keeners
6. You know and admire at least five of the following: Antonie van Leeuwenhoek, Alexander Fleming, Max Perutz, César Milstein, Temple Grandin, Chris Hadfield, Elton John, Madeleine Albright, Tu-Pac, Craig Venter, Margaret Hamilton, Elizabeth Blackwell, Rosalind Franklin, Will Ferrell, Wright Brothers, Edmund Hillary
1. Share our passion for scientific excellence and team-based approaches to fast-paced R&D
2. Efficiently master new tasks and communicate effectively with colleagues
3. Broaden your skill set by participating in projects throughout NovoBind’s R&D Pipeline. Techniques include but are not limited to:
a) Cloning, protein expression and protein purification
b) Reagent preparation, equipment maintenance and inventory
c) Conduct basic in vitro assays for functional characterization
d) Effectively use knowledge, judgement and understanding of specific procedures to maximize accuracy and productivity
An awesome individual with a BSc and 1-2 years experience in biochemistry, molecular biology, biotechnology, or antibody discovery. Experience in biotechnology start ups is an asset.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com