Senior Scientist, Microbiology and Immunology
Website NovoBind Livestock Therapeutics Inc.
We are in pursuit of curbing antibiotic resistance and improving animal health. Our research is dedicated to developing and commercializing novel biotherapeutics to combat animal diseases and food-contaminating human pathogens. We are seeking a passionate and off the wall scientist to join our growing team of experts committed to making a difference.
At NovoBind, you will work with a team of multidisciplinary scientists to develop and test our biotherapeutics, in addition to engaging with research organizations and industry groups.
Successful candidates will gain satisfaction from an impactful role translating ideas into action. Your success will also be reflected in appropriate salary increases and stock-based compensation.
Who we are looking for:
1. An extraordinary individual who can be an architect, an engineer, and a builder
2. An innovator who enjoys finding ways to do more with less
3. A person who enjoys using tools and systems to maximize productivity
4. A self-proclaimed science nerd (and proud of it!) who loves agile development
5. A purposeful and positive individual who works well with other keeners
6. You know of and admire at least five of the following: Antonie van Leeuwenhoek, Alexander Fleming, Max Perutz, César Milstein, Temple Grandin, Chris Hadfield, Elton John, Madeleine Albright, Tu-Pac, Craig Venter, Margaret Hamilton, Elizabeth Blackwell, Rosalind Franklin, Will Ferrell, Wright Brothers, Edmund Hillary
1. Share our passion for scientific excellence and team-based approaches to achieve fast-paced R&D
2. With so much to do, you will find your passion and will lead projects throughout NovoBind’s R&D Pipeline, including:
a. Application of NovoBind’s technology in the context of target immune systems
b. Selection of immune system targets for NovoBind’s technology
c. Selection of bacterial, viral, or parasitic targets amenable to NovoBind’s technology
d. Genetic manipulation of microorganisms
e. Discovery of biologics, primarily through antibody display technologies
f. Development of assays to screen the functionality of biologics
An awesome scientist with a PhD and expertise in any of the following: bacteriology, parasitology, virology, molecular biology, or drug discovery. Working knowledge of poultry, fish, crustacean, or mammalian immune systems is a necessity. Experience with nanobody discovery, bioinformatics, or animal in vivo experiments are an asset.
Please forward Cover letter, CV, and unofficial transcripts to along with your top five admirees. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org