Scientific Market Researcher Co-op/Intern
Website Precision NanoSystems Inc.
Under the general direction of the Head of Marketing, the Scientific Market Researcher Co-op / Intern will identify, research and analyze prospects in support of PNI’s growth plan.
Areas of Responsibility
Research and Reporting:
- Conducts detailed research on high-priority prospects using advanced on-line databases (publication databases, Linkedin, google searches, etc), SFDC, relevant conference attendee list and presenters, publications and reference materials and other sources to determine corporate and individual capacity relevancy and inclination to use PNI Solutions.
- Prepares research and reports for the attention of appropriate marketing/inside sales staff, and PNI stakeholders in support of targeted initiatives.
- Examines facts and identifies prospects for further escalation, and effectively summaries key information when passing prospect information to appropriate team members.
- Enters research, market, and prospect information in SFDC, and handles confidential prospect information in a sensitive, ethical manner.
Ideally an undergraduate degree or in third/fourth year of a science program.
Other Qualifying Skills And/or Abilities:
- B.Sc in a life sciences, material sciences and/or chemical engineering.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills with ability to analyze and interpret complex business and financial data, identify trends, make connections, and interpret patterns.
- Understanding of key information sources including, corporate and news databases, social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.), and constituent/customer database systems.
- High detail orientation, particularly with facts and figures.
- Monitors and double-checks work and information for accuracy and quality.