Website Precision NanoSystems, Inc.
About Precision NanoSystems Inc. (PNI)
Precision NanoSystems Inc. (“PNI”) is a manufacturer of instruments, kits and reagents in the global nanomedicine market providing tools for drug development and cell-specific delivery to study, diagnose and treat disease. PNI’s NanoAssemblr family of instruments allow scientists to rapidly develop novel nanomedicine drug candidates for pre-clinical testing. PNI’s NanoAssemblr Scale-up platform enables the translation of these drug candidates to clinical testing and eventually to commercial use. PNI’s NanoAssemblr™ Transfection Reagents use nanomedicine technology to deliver genetic materials in primary cells vitro and in vivo, enabling disease researchers to easily study gene function in high-value models of disease. PNI sells its products to leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and leading academic institutions in over 20 countries worldwide. Please find more information at http://www.precisionnanosystems.com/.
We are looking for a high calibre scientist with a multidisciplinary background in the area of synthetic organic chemistry, lipid or polymer therapeutics, advanced drug delivery systems, and/or nano biomaterials to aid in our research and development programs. The scientist will utilize highly specialized knowledge and experience for designing nanoparticles on the NanoAssemblr™ platform for applications including ex-vivo and in-vivo cell and gene therapies. The scientist will develop new techniques and reagents and contribute to a wide-range of additional technology development projects including PNI’s next generation NanoAssemblr™. The candidate will be brainstorming with colleagues and other experts, will be applying those concepts and evaluating ideas in the lab. The successful candidate will be a high performer, thrive in a highly collaborative environment, and help their colleagues succeed and reach new levels.
Areas of Responsibility
- Provide leadership in cell and gene therapy research programs and nanoparticle application development.
- Contribute to technology and product development projects that relate to PNI’s core technologies and NanoAssemblr™ platform.
- Independently manage research projects; Direct/Advise colleagues and group members on nanoparticle design elements.
- Develop nanoparticles using the NanoAssemblr™ suite of instruments.
- Characterize nanoparticles, develop UPLC methods for various drugs and vehicle components.
- Determine the physical, chemical, and stability of nanoparticle formulations.
- Assist in the scale-up, and process development of nanoparticle formulations.
- Write Application Notes, Reports or Manuscripts.
- Assist in the day to day management of the lab.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure successful project completion including providing support to Product Development, Manufacturing, and Operations.
- Generate intellectual property documents, draft patent applications, evaluate prior art, and respond to patent office actions, as required.
- Collaborate with relevant teams to ensure safety/health and regulatory compliance of the R&D facility.
- Manage project research budget.
- Support all technical documentation related to projects and product development.
- Act as scientific ambassador for the company, make external presentations, publish abstracts and articles and identify collaborations.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ph.D. in synthetic Chemistry, or interdisciplinary Chemistry and Biology.
- Postdoctoral experience in synthetic organic chemistry, polymer design or nanomedicine development is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in development of new chemical entities (drug design), polymers.
- Individual has contributed to the field as evidenced by high impact publications or patents.
- Demonstrated experience in characterization methods of drugs and vehicle components, nanoparticle characterization methods, and analytical assay development.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and contribute to highly collaborative settings.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams.
- Project management skills will be considered as an asset.
PNI provides a competitive compensation and benefits package with excellent opportunities for personal growth.
To apply, please visit our careers page. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Posting valid until position filled.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://pni.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=7 →