Clinical Research Coordinator for EMPA-KIDNEY Study
Providence Health Care Research Institute (PHCRI)
Position Title: Clinical Research Coordinator for EMPA-KIDNEY Study
Part time to full time hours depending on applicant selection
Conduct and oversee clinical trials and research projects within the UBC Renal Research Department at Surrey Kidney Care Clinic.
Direct working relationship with the Primary Investigators, Co-investigators and Nephrology research manager. This position requires working both independently and in cooperation with physicians, allied health professionals and representatives of pharmaceutical industry.
The Research Coordinator will be responsible for facilitating recruitment, consent and ongoing participation of participants enrolled in the EMPA-KIDNEY Study. The link on ClinicalTrials.gov can be found here: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03594110.
They will be responsible for the implementation and compliance with the study protocol; regulatory and essential documentation; setting out work plans and timelines; integrity of data collection; creation, preparation and maintenance of study documents (in accordance with ICH Guidelines); adherence to Standard Operating Procedures. The coordinator will be responsible for coordinating all study activities in the Surrey location. It’s possible that additional work can be identified, if agreeable, in the Nephrology Research office at the St. Paul’s Hospital and Vancouver General Hospital locations.
– Screening and recruitment of subjects
– Obtaining informed consent
– Collecting and maintaining research data, study logs and other regulatory requirements
– Maintaining investigational product accountability
– Communicating (both orally and in writing) with investigators & other allied health professionals to ensure protocol adherence
– Providing patient education and support
– Ensuring enrollment expectations
– Collection of urine samples and blood samples, questionnaires, any new procedures that may be required per study protocol.
– Preparation of samples for shipment.
– Ensuring quality control and maintenance of study equipment.
– Travel to international conferences and study meeting if funding is available.
Consequence of Error/Impact of Decisions
Judgment and impact of decisions involved in the position scopes a number of areas:
· Conducting trials according to standards set out by the ethics committee and international guidelines regulating the conduct of clinical trials. Dismissal would result if ethical standards were not followed.
· Failure to inform the investigators of appropriate clinical issues of a patient may result in the failure to maintain patient safety
If any of these situations were to occur, clinical trials may be unable to proceed within the institution.
Direct working relationship with the Principal Investigator for each clinical trial the Coordinator is responsible for. Direct working relationship with the research manager. It is imperative that the candidate is able to to work independently with little or no supervision in the Surrey location.
Works within timelines set out in work plan. Work reviewed against achievement of project objectives
· Advises nurses, and technologists who are involved with the study conduct or patients
· Acts as a resource for hospital staff, patients and colleagues
· Advises and may direct clerical staff
· Supervises patient progress and follow-up
Director of Research
Qualifications & Skills
University degree in a relevant health discipline plus a minimum of two years of clinical research coordinator experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Computer as well as excellent writing skills. Self-directed, committed, patient and detail oriented. Must be able to assess patients independently under physician’s supervision.
Interested applicants will only be considered if a relevant cover letter is provided.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org