Providence Health Care Research Institute (PHCRI)
Providence Health (St. Paul’s Hospital)
Full time (grant funded); flexibility possible
$23 to $27/hr
EMPA-KIDNEY (A multicentre international randomized parallel group double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial of EMPAgliflozin once daily to assess cardio-renal outcomes in patients with chronic KIDNEY disease) is a large international investigator-initiated study, run through University of Oxford and sponsored by Boehringer Ingelheim to evaluate the value of Empagliflozin in patients with chronic kidney disease.
This position is for a Regulatory and Finance Assistant to be part of the Regional Coordinating Centre (RCC) team in Canada for the aforementioned clinical trial. Under the direction of the Canadian Regional Leads, Drs. Adeera Levin and David Cherney, the RCC provides scientific and operational oversight, and supports 15-20 sites in conducting the trial in Canada. The incumbent would be assisting the National Coordinator and Finance Administrator in planning, organizing, implementing and coordinating activities of the RCC. The office is located at Howe Site, St. Paul’s Hospital, Vancouver BC. The project is expected to take 5 years to complete.
The Regulatory and Finance Assistant will report directly to the Finance Administrator for finance related tasks and National Coordinator for regulatory and other duties. The RCC team reports to the Central Coordinating Office in University of Oxford and liaise with the trial sites to facilitate trial conduct.
- Obtain investigator signatures on invoices and documents, collect and copy, and submit to PHCRI & PHC Trust Account A/P as per finance submission schedule
- Interacts with UBC (multiple PG) PHCRI and VGH accounting departments
- Make copies of invoices for reimbursement of expensed funds to be retrieved from UBC accounts, per direction of finance administrator
- Petty cash disbursements
- Invoicing the Study Sponsor as required for study purposes and reimbursements
- Preparing Site Payments and Subject visit schedules, quarterly for payments to sites
- Process Site Payment invoices for all Canadian sites
- Follow-up with issues, concerns re: Site Payments
- Follow-up with issues and concerns re: finances with PI’s and site managers, in collaboration with Project Managers
- Assisting with planning and coordination of arrangements for various sized functions, including making travel arrangements and contracting with vendors.
- Upkeep of Trial Masterfile and required regulatory documentation for all sites and essential documents are up to date as defined by ICH GCP guidelines.
- Ensure labeling and organization of finance and regulatory files.
- Maintaining records of off-site storage and archiving in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Assisting with contract coordination between sponsor and UBC as well as contract between UBC and clinical sites.
- Assisting in updating of budget, resource calculation as appropriate, preparing financial records including expenses, income and financial projections.
- Oversees invoicing and accounts payable
The Regulatory and Finance Assistant will report directly to the Finance Administrator for finance related tasks and National Coordinator for regulatory and other duties.
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to completion of a Certificate/Diploma in Accounting or Business plus a minimum of 1 year recent related experience in a research finance or administration role.
- Knowledge and experience working in clinical trials settings considered an asset.
Skills and Abilities
- Effective oral and written communication, supervisory, problem solving, interpersonal, multi-tasking and excellent organizational skills. Demonstrates responsibility and accountability.
- Strong computer skills including Windows programs and electronic communications.
- Experience with Quickbooks would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments within a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Excellent ability to organize work and communicate effectively.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to accept responsibility and work independently.
- Physical ability to perform the job duties.