UBC Kidney Transplant Research Program, Division of Nephrology
UBC Kidney Transplant Research Program, Division of Nephrology- Vancouver, BC
STATUS: This is a full-time position
JOB START DATE: As soon as possible
SALARY: We offer competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
LOCATION: UBC Kidney Transplant Research Program, Division of Nephrology, St. Paul’s Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
JOB: The successful candidate will conduct statistical analyses for the Kidney Transplant Research group, led by Drs. John Gill, Jagbir Gill, and Matthew Kadatz. The Research group consists of a multidisciplinary team of statisticians, epidemiologists, research coordinators and researchers engaged in an international portfolio of leading-edge clinical and health services research projects focusing primarily in organ donation and kidney transplantation.
The UBC Kidney Transplant Research Group offers outstanding research opportunities, with access to world-class linked administrative databases and expertise in methodological skills; and a focus on optimizing health outcomes for patients with end stage kidney disease. Our group includes and engages with provincial, national, and international stakeholders and policymakers.
Specific tasks include leading or contributing to statistical analyses of health administrative data; preparing manuscripts; presenting research findings at conferences; supporting the development of research proposals and other related activities.
- General statistical and epidemiological analysis
- Maintaining confidentiality in dealing with all matters
- Demonstrate practical collaborative experience
- Master’s degree in biostatistics or statistics
- Understanding of epidemiological methods
- Expertise in statistical packages – SAS, Stata, S-plus/R
- Expertise in statistical techniques – longitudinal, hierarchical, time-to-event analysis, among others
- Knowledge of epidemiological and health services research methods – methods for inference in experimental and non-experimental settings; methods for analysing health administrative databases
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to meet team and organizational goals
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Assist researchers in writing manuscripts
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office
ORGANIZATION: The UBC Kidney Transplant Research Group currently employs team of Clinical Research Coordinators, Data Entry Clerks, and analysts who work collaboratively on population-level and cohort-based studies to improve the health outcomes of British Columbians with end stage kidney disease.
Please include in your application:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recent, published peer-reviewed papers, if applicable
- Experience and interests
Dr. John Gill
UBC Kidney Transplant Research Program
1081 Burrard Street
Submit applications in confidence to:
Ms. Gillian Hughes, Clinical Research Manager
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Job Type: Full-time
SAS: 1 year
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org