Research Assistant/Technician 3
Website University of British Columbia
The Hay Lab is seeking a research assistant/Tech3 to perform a variety of research laboratory procedures related to leukemia and lymphoma studies and performs day-to-day lab maintenance tasks including conducting experiments recording results, data entry in line with research team goals according to established protocols and performing analyses using established programs: and ordering and maintaining inventory of lab supplies.
Work is performed in the Terry Fox Laboratory, BC Cancer, Vancouver, BC. Awareness of laboratory safety practices and procedures for chemicals and equipment is mandatory to prevent injury.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Performs a variety of moderately complex research laboratory procedures such as flow cytometry, ELISA, DNA/RNA purification, plasmid production, Southern, Northern, FISH, PCR and RT-PCR analyses and conducting biochemical experiments according to established protocols and performing analyses using established programs/protocols.
– Maintains experimental records, performs computer data entry, analyses and forwards to the Principle Investigator and/or designate.
– Assists in creating, revising and maintaining lab manuals, protocols, validation reports and SOPs. Prepares related materials for presentations about research studies as requested by the Principal Investigator and/or the designate.
– Maintains daily cleaning and disinfection of the lab area. Maintains laboratory equipment, such as refrigerators, freezers, centrifuges and testing equipment as directed by performing duties such as cleaning and temperature recording.
– Performs minor surgeries and techniques on mice including blood, tissue and organ collection under the supervision of Principle Investigator and/or designate.
– Performs quality control procedures on all instruments according to established procedures; maintains and troubleshoots lab equipment and an inventory of lab supplies and solutions, and replenishes as necessary.
– Performs other related duties as assigned
Please see the full posting for all details and to apply
To apply for this job please visit ubc.wd10.myworkdayjobs.com.